Number The Stars

To be honest, Inever really wanted to read this book. I wanted to read something different, but all my friends were reading this book so I decided i would give it a try. And I'm really glad I did! The book Number The Stars by Lois Lowery, Is a very touching book about a true friendship between
two young girls. I bet you everyone will find or has found a friend like that.
external image nts02.png

1/3 of my book

1/3 bloopers.

2/3 of my book

3/3 (Final)

My two book comparison:

Number the StarsVS The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

By: Elena
Number the stars

Number the Stars was a extraordinary book. It takes place during the Holocost which was a very sad time period of our history. Although it was set in a very sad time period, this book wasn't very descriptive of how the naziz treated the jews and the polish. It kind of made you feel like the naziz were just going to ask the jews questions and maybe put them in jail for a week but it didn't actually tell you how sad and gory that one time period was. When i was reading this book i knew nothing about that particular war. This book didn't really help with that situation. Another thing that was great about this book were the characters. The characters in this book were very frightened but very courageous. Unlike Bruno, (From the book: The Boy In The Striped pajamas,) the two girls, Annmarie and Ellen, actually knew what was going on. they knew the naziz were bad and they knew if the naziz found out Ellen was Jewish, the naziz would hurt her. This author kind of made me believe i was in that time period. She used a lot of words like y'all and ain’t, and all that “language of the time”.

Like i said before, this book was extraordinary! Although i would have made a few changes (like mentioning Hitler,) This was one of the best historical fiction books I've read. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry was sad and very entertaining. If had to rate this book i would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Boy in the Striped Pajamas

This book, I- I cant even explain. This book was so depressing. But it was so extraordinary! Like Number the Stars, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne took place in the Holocost. This author, did something interesting with this book. He made the little boy, Bruno, not know a thing at all. Clueless. In the book, Bruno moves from a gigantic house into a “small” house which is also a house of many others. That is, Well, most people know it as a concentration camp. Like i said, Bruno was clueless. His parents told him nothing and one day he got tired of staying at his “home”, and decided to go exploring. He walked to a fence. Not a regular fence. This one was different. I can tell by the book, if Bruno actually knew about how the naziz were bad and how they killed jews and the polish, he would be brave. Bruno was adventurous and kind. Even to a stranger that became his best friend. This author had a very big imagination. He put a twist to the very end of the book that was very unexpected. I noticed throughout the book the author used ‘ for the quotation marks instead of “. The author also kind of pulled me into the book by using language that most people don't use anymore. It really made me feel like i was right next to Bruno, watching everything go by as it was actually happening. I really liked how the author used so much detail and how he zeroed in on bruno and his family.

This book is a 5 out of 5. I really enjoyed watching how Bruno saw everything in his eyes. This book was depressing and entertaining and it was so hard to put this book down! This is one of my favorite books. I recommend it for everyone.

Most details: Boy in the striped pajamas
Most action: Number the stars
Best style: Boy in the striped pajamas
Best characters: Boy in the striped pajamas
Best overall: this was a very close match but The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne Wins!!!!